Monday, March 1, 2010

Tonight was a night of firsts. I had my first coaching session using Skype and had my first conversation with Chinrinee in Thailand. Pretty amazing.

I asked Chinrinee about her educational experience. She told me that she was a , "lifelong learner", and that her education has taught her to, ". . . deal with uncertainties" and to ". . . have confidence". I must admit, I did have some difficulty understanding all of what was being said, and I found myself taking lots of notes, and staying very focused on what Chinrinee was saying.

Over the past 9 years, she has been working as an executive in Health Management and Administration. She said that it was challenging for her to start her journey as a student, and to have this new view. Finally, Chinrinree identified three goals, to facilitate learning, to keep learning herself, and to help others to learn.

If I'm incorrect in anything I wrote, Chinrinee, please fell very free to correct me. I am in awe that I can click on my computer and talk with a woman on the other side of the world, just on her way to work. I am looking forward to out next session on Wednesday.


by Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment