Saturday, March 27, 2010

Front porch meditation

This week's coaching session with Marc was a lot of fun for me. It's been a while since we last spoke, so it was nice to visit. I shared my 15 minutes in nature, talked about what it meant to me, and how it was, overall, a very pleasant experience, and one I should be more in a habit of practicing.

I let Marc know that my winter semester could not count toward my degree, and so my plans for spring graduation had to be put on hold. I apologized after I said it, not knowing where I was going with the thought, and then it hit me. While I was on the porch, I was struck by a feeling that I was exactly where I needed to be, and doing what I needed to get done. There was less of a feeling of anger, (I mean really, $1,000. and the month of January, plus, plus, all for naught), and more of an understanding that I need to spend the summer here in Freedom, and have some trust in a reason.

Currently, I have a very knowlegeable superviser for my ABA studies. I believe that it will benefit me to get as much experience as I can from him before I take off for my adventure.
Marc asked me where and what I plan on doing, and I explained that I am leaving that completely open. I don't want my history and experience to exclude me from any possibillities that I might not be considering.

And as a bonus, Marc let me unload some of my angst in regard to the final project, as well as some routine work complaints.

I am looking forward to next week.
Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment